- Wednesday, October 25 @ 4:00 p.m., Chemistry D200, 2036 Main Mall – Rabbi Lord Sir Jonathan Sacks, philosopher, theologian, politician, one of the UK’s top public intellectuals, former Chief Rabbi of the United Hebrew Congregation of the Commonwealth 1991-2013. Baron Sacks will be brought to us by video. Response by: Dr. Olav Slaymaker, Professor Emeritus Geography, UBC
The Dignity of Difference versus the Clash of Civilizations: Rabbi Jonathan Sacks Speaks to the Positive Moral Contribution of Religion in our Globalized World.
- Wednesday, November 29 @ 4:00 p.m., MacLeod Building Room 254, 2356 Main Mall – Dr. Thomas Heilke, Professor of Political Science, and Associate Dean of the College of Graduate Studies, UBC Okanagan
Discerning the Times: Rethinking the Foundations and Sources of Democracy
- Wednesday, January 31, 2018 @ 4:00 p.m., Room TBA – Dr. William Newsome, Neurobiologist, Stanford University
Of Two Minds: A Neuroscientist Balances Science and the Big Questions
- Wednesday, March 14, 2018 @ 4:00 p.m. – Expert Medical Panel Discussion on Mitigating the Addiction Crisis
- John Koehn, Addiction Medical Practitioner, New Westminster, Royal Columbia Hospital, completed a Fellowship under Dr. Evan Wood, BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS
- Jay Wong, Psychiatry Resident UBC—St. Paul’s Hospital, Providence Health.
- Jadine Cairns, Nutritionist, Children’s Hospital, Specialist in Eating Disorders
- Gabriel Loh, Doctor of Pharmacology UBC—Clinical Coordinator Pharmacy Proctice, Richmond Hospital, Vancouver Coastal Health, Clinical Assistant Professor UBC
More details to follow: Your GFCF Committee